Perfect Maze Generation Unity3D




I enjoy to learn about algorithms and programming stuff. So I decided to implement something in my free time. Furthermore, this that I'm creating now is for a programming test for a job vaccancy.

It's call PERFECT MAZE. A perfect maze is defined as having no loops or closed circuits, and no innacessible areas. In a perfect maze, any two points are connected through a singular, unbroken path. There are a lot of algorithms, I decided to create all of them to see the differences between them. 

Week 1 (01-03-2019 and 03-03-2019)
For now, I'm only have the basics: you can change the width and the height of the maze and regenerate it, all the cells have their neighbours and the walls (north, south, east and west wall) and I created a function to destroy the wall. 
Video:



Week 2 (09-03-2019 and 10-03-2019)
Yes! Finally I did it the first algorithm. I did the Hunt and Kill algorithm because it is the easiest to understand. I need to solve typo errors but now it's working.
Video:



Week 3 (18-03-2019)
I had a really busy weeks so I didn't have time to implement more things. For now, I have 2 maze algorithms: Hunt and Kill and Recursive Backtracking. The last time I also wanted to create the recursive division algorithm, but I have many problems with that because is different from the others: this create the walls with divisions instead of create all the walls and after destroy to create the maze.
I decided to deliver the test in this part because on the next week I have a lot of deadlines so I won't have time to spend in this. Basically I did a simple game with the maze: You can control the player and decided the size of the maze and the type of the algorithm. You need to reach a certain cell (the goal of the maze). 
Video:




Final Game (but not the final of the project) (19-03-19)
So for now I finished the first maze generator game. I will make more interesting algorithms and I like too much because is the first project that I made for my own purpose, not for academic stuff. I'm really proud.
Video:




Probably I will continue this project because I think that I can learn a lot of things and also is a good game for my own portfolio.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

TFM - Farming simulation VR game for elderly

Bachelor’s Thesis / Game Lab project